It’s a ‘Yes’!
Today saw a slew of ballot results for action on public service pensions – with members saying a resounding ‘yes’. Those voting for industrial action today included physiotherapists, radiographers and chiropodists in the NHS and professional, specialist and senior civil servants. It doesn’t quite fit the picture some in the media and government are trying to paint with talk of in the press of ‘union barons’ and all the other old stereotypes.
- Physios union the CSP voted 86%yes on a 66% turnout
- NHS radiographers in the SoR voted 84% yes on a 58% turnout
- Chiropodists union the SCP voted 85% with a 52% turnout
- Members of the FDA, which represents senior civil servants, voted 81% yes on a 54% turnout
- And professional and specialist civil servants union Prospect voted 75% yes, with a 52% turnout
There are more announcements to come, with ballots in Unite, GMB, NASUWT, Napo and more all set to close later this week.
And remember to check out www.pensionsjustice.org.uk for mythbusters, posters, leaflets and more about the campaign in the run-up to 30 November.