My Union Facebook application updated
It’s been a while, but we’ve now updated the TUC Facebook application, My-Union. When Facebook released their new design, applications that were developed before were banished to the boxes page. Whilst the app still goes there by default now, clicking the little pencil button on its box header now lets you move it to your front page if you’d like.
The application lets you add a little badge for your union to your profile, and currently lists unions from the UK and Ireland, thanks to a link up with the Irish Congress of Trades Unions.
If you already use the application and would like to update your copy to show it on your main profile page, here are some instructions (unfortunately it’s far from simple!):
- In Facebook, put your mouse cursor over ‘Settings’ (top right) and then select the ‘Application Settings’ options.
- Click on the ‘My Union’ title (NOT on the ‘Edit settings’ or ‘Application Profile’ links next to it).
- Select a new adjective if you feel the urge, then click ‘Set My Union’
- That’s done! Now go to your ‘Boxes’ tab and find the ‘My Union’ box
- Click on the icon in the top right hand corner of the box, and select ‘Move to Wall tab’
- It should now be showing up on your Wall (main profile page), and you can drag it around to where you want it.
If you don’t already use the application, you can get it here: www.my-union.org